|Job Title:||Basketball Development Officer||Reports To:||Programmes & Partnerships Manager|
|Supervising:||Basketball Sessional staff/Coaches||Location:||Black Prince Trust Community Hub, SE11 6AA|
|Hours:||21 hours per week (inc. evening and weekend work with TOIL)||Salary:||£22k pro-rata depending on experience|
|Duration:||1 year (with a view to extend annually)||Benefits:||25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) per annum pro rata
Contributory Pension Scheme (via NEST)
- Support Black Prince Trust (BPT) and Partners in the smooth running of onsite basketball delivery at the Hub.
- To support with the wider outreach strategy working with BPT partners; residents associations; local schools, and other relevant Lambeth agencies to develop a programme of basketball activity that delivers on key strategic Social Impact Strands (SIS).
- To support the Programmes & Partnerships Manager in the promotion of basketball activities to community users and partners.
- Support and supervise basketball sessional staff and coaches as required in line with onsite delivery.
- Support the BPT Community Manager to manage and report on BPT funded programmes
- Manage the M&E function for all BPT community activity.
- Work closely with the Programmes & Partnerships Manager to ensure our full range of services is being promoted and relevant signposting is in place.
- Contribute to BPT PR & Comms strategy: – social media; website; marketing, promotion, and community updates etc.
- Work with BPT Community Team to build a basketball volunteer programme to enhance and grow sustainable basketball provision at The Hub.
Specific tasks include:
- Support BPT basketball delivery from the Regal and Jordan Courts.
- Monitor quality and engagement of sessions and support delivery partners where necessary to adjust or make improvements
- Oversee the scheduling, booking and registration functions and systems to ensure smooth running of sessions and programmes
- Support the delivery of school holiday programmes
- Introduction of a pool of basketball coaches upskilled to an agreed standard to support on and offsite basketball delivery
- To undergo Fire Marshal tasks with other qualified colleagues (training will be provided)
- To always adhere to BPT policies and procedures, and enforce the rules and regulations put in place around the site with partners and participants.
- To undertake any other tasks as reasonably required within the grade and overall functions of the post
- Self-starter who can operate under minimum day to day supervision
- Personable and approachable
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Community driven
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basketball landscape in London
- IT competent
Preferred Skills: (Training will be given where appropriate)
- Experience using Monitoring & Evaluation systems (specifically Upshot)
- Experience of community consultation
- England Basketball Level 2 coaching qualification
- First Aid trained
- Experience of working in the Sport for Development sector