Social Media Intern
21 September 2023
|Job Title:||Social Media Intern||Reports To:||Basketball Development Officer|
|Location:||Black Prince Trust Community Hub, SE11 6AA|
|Hours:||5-10 hours per week – 1 day per week at the Black Prince Trust Hub||Salary:||N/A|
|Duration:||6 months FTC||Benefits:||Reimbursement of travel expenses and lunch when in office|
- Work with the Community Team to ensure all activities are promoted.
- Manage the Black Prince Trust’s social media channels and post content.
- Monitor the various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Be pro-active and show initiative on social media content capture and organisation: build banks of imagery and video content for promotional use across social media accounts.
- Create consistency of posting content across social media channels.
- Delivery of social media posts, both with design (on Canva or similar design platforms) and written scripts for promotional use across Black Prince Trust social media channels.
- Support the Black Prince Trust in the promotion of all activities offered to community users and corporate partners.
- Support the wider team on larger event day content capture – following behind the scenes social media briefs.
- Admin support, running social media channels supporting with questions and inbound enquiries.
- Understand the overall concept of the charity, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of service.
- Contribute to BPT PR & Comms strategy: – social media; website; marketing, promotion, and community updates etc.
Specific tasks include:
- To manage the Black Prince Trust social media channels and post regular content.
- To capture content and build bank of imagery / video content for promotional purposes across all social media channels.
- To design posts for social media (on Canva or similar design platforms).
- To reply to messages and comments on social media channels.
- Knowledge and experience of using design software/platforms such as Canva, Adobe etc to produce marketing posts in line with company brand guidelines.
- Understanding of content capture and basic editing on mobile/smart phone.
- Basic understanding of the BPT offering and the work done by the team.
- Personable and approachable.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- IT competent.
Education & Experience:
- To be studying towards a degree in Marketing, Journalism, or related field (required)
- Prior experience with marketing or social media (preferred)
- Understanding how to generate reach through hashtags and paid advertisement on platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter (preferred)
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check, completion of a self-declaration disclosure form and 2 satisfactory reference checks. Further information is available on request of our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Black Prince Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We base our employment decisions entirely on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—we do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, parental status, personal beliefs, veteran status, age, or any other status. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for candidates who share those values. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are welcomed. We embrace diversity and are dedicated to establishing an inclusive workplace for every member of our team.
Job Type: Internship
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London
Deadline: Friday 27th October (Interviews ongoing so applicants advised to apply earlyCLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW