Programmes & Partnerships Manager
28 September 2023
|Job Title:||Programmes & Partnerships Manager||Reports To:||CEO|
|Location:||Black Prince Trust Community Hub, SE11 6AA|
|Hours:||35 hours per week (Full Time)
Monday – Friday (Hours variable)
|Salary:||£37,000 – £42,000pa depending on experience|
|Duration:||Permanent||Benefits:|| 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) per annum.
Contributory Pension Scheme (via NEST)
The Black Prince Trust is a Sport for Development Charity based in Kennington, Lambeth and are currently looking to hire a Partnerships and Programmes Manager, to coordinate the smooth running of programmes at our Community Hub. The role involves being a line manager to three members of staff, assisting the CEO on a daily basis and supporting the administration and operations team when necessary – this is a varied role, with no two days the same.
We are looking for an engaging personality to join the team who can bring a wealth of experience in managing varied aspects of community delivery across a very busy site and working effectively with a range of partners. The role is integral to the management of the business and it is important that the successful candidate has a flexible approach to the role and is happy to be community-facing and get stuck in on the ground, as elements of the role will involve assisting and managing day-to-day tasks.
The role requires strong communication and organisational skills, be forward thinking and proactive both in terms of managing their time efficiently under minimal supervision and assisting in utilising management tools, software and systems to help create a pleasant and effective working environment and safe and welcoming Hub for the local community.
– Line management of the Community Development Officer (CDO), Basketball Development Officer (BDO), and Football Development Officer (FDO) (latter working closely with their PL line manager) including:
– Agreeing annual SMART objectives
– Monitoring performance against these objectives including 6-monthly performance reviews
– Identify areas for development and where appropriate recommend external CPD
– Work closely with Site & Operations Manager (SOM) on day to day management of Hub, staff and facilities.
– Support CEO and BPT Finance, Systems & Governance Manager (FSG) regarding leases, licenses and partnership agreements to ensure that maximum social impact is being delivered via partners.
– Support CDO, BDO and FDO on issuing partnership agreements and ensuring these are followed and updated regularly.
– Oversee and submit all funding reporting requirements, meeting deadlines with support from wider Community Team.
– Work closely with CEO and FSG to develop budgets for funding proposals and ensure expenditure is maintained by regularly reviewing programme reports.
– Manage and improve the designated BPT Measurement & Evaluation monitoring system and processes, supporting CEO on implementing a Theory of Change structure.
– Ensuring all partners carry out Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) requirements including regular monitoring of sessions and providing monthly break-down of attendances for Quarterly CSA reporting to Lambeth.
– Ensuring Quarterly Partner Meetings take place and monitor engagement and effectiveness to maintain and develop partner relationships.
– Produce and distribute monthly community newsletters via BPT channels with assistance from Community Team and Interns.
Manage and organise several Holiday Camps per year, including marketing, partner delivery, and ensuring specific funding reporting and budget requirements are met, with support from Community Team.
– Support community-focused events led by BPT partners and other external stakeholders, liaising with any partners with ties to BPT community delivery; leading on the community user elements such as ensuring community/partner engagement where feasible; and engaging members of the community team where needed.
– Act as Designated Safeguarding Lead for BPT, ensuring Safeguarding Policy is adhered to by all BPT Staff, contracted coaches, and partners (all necessary training to be provided).
– Attend weekly Senior Leadership Team meetings, bringing up key issues related to the Community team and working effectively with the Admin and Operations Team Manager(s) to help ensure BPT functions effectively as one coherent team.
– Create a quarterly community report with support from wider Community Team, and attend the quarterly BPT Board meetings to discuss relevant areas further.
– Manage relationships with key corporate partners related to community delivery including the Nike & Jordan, as well as supporting CEO efforts to secure future corporate partners for BPT.
– Oversee strategic direction and progress against agreed areas for strategic progress including areas designated to direct reports such as Schools Strategy and Volunteer Programme.
– Working closely with the CEO on future strategic direction of Community Programmes in line with BPT’s Social Impact Strands.
Working closely with CEO on BPT fundraising strategy in line with key fundraising priorities including liaison with BPT’s Fundraising Consultant to support applications.
– Work closely with CEO on PR & Comms Strategy, including overseeing Comms intern(s) and working with the Community Team to ensure we are consistent with sharing news stories and case studies in BPT’s monthly newsletters and on the website.
– Work closely with CEO on development of Training and Development Strategy:
– Work with CDO, BDO, FDO and Health and Wellbeing Lead to explore possibilities for training programmes related to Basketball, Boxing, Football and Gym/Exercise qualifications
– Work with CEO on wider opportunities around Coach Development in the Sport-for-Development sector.
– Previous Management Experience – ideally experience managing a team and programmes
– Knowledge and understanding of M&E systems
– Experience in and broad knowledge of Sport for Development sector
– Report writing
– Community driven
– Demonstrates partnership mindset
– Very personable, enjoys working with different personalities
– Approachable with a professional manner
– Detail oriented with an ability to multi-task and set priorities
– Ability to analyse and resolve problems and to take initiative
– Strong organisational and IT skills
– Initiative, creative with a positive can-do attitude
– Able to operate under minimum supervision
– Experience of using Upshot M&E platform
– Experience in managing budgets
– Knowledge of Sport-for-Development Landscape in London and
experience of working with significant organisations such as GLA
and London Sport
– Experience of working with community organisations delivering football, basketball, boxing or fitness programmes
– An understanding of communications and social media
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check, completion of a self-declaration disclosure form and 2 satisfactory reference checks. Further information is available on request of our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Black Prince Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We base our employment decisions entirely on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—we do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, parental status, personal beliefs, veteran status, age, or any other status. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for candidates who share those values. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are welcomed. We embrace diversity and are dedicated to establishing an inclusive workplace for every member of our team.
Work Location: Lambeth, SE11 6AA
Deadline: Wednesday 18th October.
Interviews ongoing so applicants advised to apply early