Comms & PR Intern
21 September 2023
|Job Title:||Comms & PR Intern||Reports To:||Programmes & Partnerships Manager|
|Location:||Black Prince Trust Community Hub, SE11 6AA|
|Hours:||5-10 hours per week – 1 day per week at the Black Prince Trust Hub||Salary:||N/A|
|Duration:||6 months FTC||Benefits:||Reimbursement of travel expenses and lunch when in office|
• Support the Black Prince Trust in the promotion of all activities offered to community users and corporate partners.
• Assist in planning, writing, and managing BPT monthly newsletter.
• Write news stories for the BPT website.
• Update BPT website using WordPress with current activities, relevant news, etc.
• Design communication media: posters, flyers, event programs etc.
• Support the wider team on larger event day content capture.
• Create online advertisements as needed.
• Contribute to BPT PR & Comms strategy: social media; website; marketing, promotion, and community updates etc.
• Knowledge and experience of using design software/platforms such as Canva, Adobe etc to produce marketing posts in line with company brand guidelines.
• Basic understanding of the BPT offering and the work done by the team.
• Personable and approachable.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills.
• IT competent.
Education & Experience:
• To be studying towards a degree in Marketing, Journalism, or related field (required)
• Prior experience with marketing or social media (preferred)
• Understanding how to generate reach through hashtags and paid advertisement on platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter (preferred)
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check, completion of a self-declaration disclosure form and 2 satisfactory reference checks. Further information is available on request of our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Black Prince Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We base our employment decisions entirely on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—we do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, parental status, personal beliefs, veteran status, age, or any other status. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for candidates who share those values. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are welcomed. We embrace diversity and are dedicated to establishing an inclusive workplace for every member of our team.
Job Type: Internship
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London
Deadline: Friday 27th October (Interviews ongoing so applicants advised to apply early)CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW